Today is Mother's Day in the UK and I am truly reaping the rewards for all the hard work I put in every day. (Including a 3:30am wake up call from my littlest one, who went to bed last night battling a fever of 103.3º F, but woke up fever-free and starving in the middle of the night. A glass of strawberry smoothie, a piece of cheese and one untoasted waffle later he was back asleep. Phew!) The boys treated me to a fab breakfast in bed and then left with Daddy for a day in Portsmouth. I had my usual tiny twinge of guilt over wanting to have my Mother's Day be a solitary affair between me and my computer and/or camera sharing some real quality time together, but quickly got over it and kissed them all goodbye.
So without further ado, here are my top 10 reasons why being a mom is the awesome:
10. The free artwork and constant stream of "gifts"!
9. The power to wield guilt like a weapon. Mwaahaaahaaaa!
8. Captive audience for in-car concerts.
7. When the kids do something wonderful you can pat yourself on the back and say, "They get that from me."
6. The hugs and kisses. Even the sloppy ones filled with germs.
5. Your husband has to admit that there is something you can do that he can't.
4. Newfound appreciation for spending time alone.
3. One more day of the year that you get to count as "your day."
2. Sleepy snuggles with a pillow-sized baby that tucks under your arm perfectly.
1. You get this:
And, oh sweet bliss, you get this:
Happy Mother's Day to all the mamas out there!!!