(Here's Heinous' standard disclaimer, which I agree with totally: Follow the rules or don't. (I swear I won't drunken messages on your comment boards asking why you don't love or respect me anymore.) I award people because I appreciate their blogs and I like to acknowledge them. If you don't want to pass it on, that's cool, just enjoy it.)
When accepting this auspicious award, you must write a post bragging about it, including the name of the misguided soul who thinks you deserve such acclaim, and link back to said person so everyone knows he or she is real. Choose a minimum of 7 blogs that you find brilliant in content or design. Show the 7 victims’ names and links and leave a harassing comment informing them that they were prized with “Honest Weblog.” Well, there’s no prize, but they can keep the nifty badge. List at least ten honest things about yourself. Then, pass it on!
My 10 Totally Honest things:1. I refused to watch reality TV for years, but when I finally started watching Survivor (about three years ago) I was IN, hook, line and sinker. I now obsess over a multitude of shows, the best of which is probably Project Runway, Survivor, or The Amazing Race (you can see I have a problem when I can only narrow it to three) and the worst of which is Rock of Love (how Brett Michaels could even come close to seeming like a sincere guy every season is a wonder of the human condition, but he DOES!).
3. Even though I was a good student and went to a great university (Go, Wildcats!), my life goal has always been to be a stay at home mom and ultimately the kindest, coolest grandmother that ever existed. Seriously, I had it all played out to grandmother-hood.
4. After ten years of staying home with the kids and being wife-extraordinaire, I am tired of it and ready to get out of the house! The problem is this: I want to do everything, but be obliged to do nothing. This makes a job almost impossible.The caption on this tiny beauty is: All the baking soda in the world could not mask the scent of her despair
5. I hate planning. I can do it. I have done it. But I DON'T like it.
6. I have almost zero will power.
7. Sometimes I wish I could have a wife instead of a husband... life would be so much easier because the division of labor would be so much more equitable. (And I know I would trust her to do the laundry!)
8. My Chicken Piccata is the best Chicken Piccata you will ever eat in your entire life. Not bragging, just stating a fact.
9. My husband thinks this blog rocks. And likes to give me tips on how to make money off of it.... his last tip had something to do with branding my particular way of saying really bitchy things without seeming as bitchy as they are. (Yeah, I'm not sure how to take that, either!)
10. Until I met Daddy-007, I never dated a guy longer than three months. We've been together for 13 years now.
So, that's the honest bit... now I get to put my badge up in the sidebar. Wahoo!!!
Now I get to pick some other blogs that I think are totally awesome (but that don't already have the award).... it is tough to choose because there are too many funny, thoughtful, wicked smart bloggers out there to easily narrow it down.
1. Okay, Fine, Dammit: MaggieDammit has been blogging for awhile and I was so pleased to find that she didn't have this particular badge on her impressive list of honors. If you haven't found this blog yet, please go read some of the brave, heartfelt, heart-wrenching, and, yes, hilarious things that she has to say. She is REAL in a way that few of us let ourselves be on our blogs. I promise you will love her, warts and all. You won't be able to help yourself, dammit! (And check MaggieDammit's Twitterfeed, too, she posts irregularly, but each one is a gem.)
2. i am bossy: Bossy has been at this gig for awhile, too. I dig her site because she loves to cook, covets all kinds of things that she then documents, and is an amazing photographer. I don't think she even does the whole "award thing" but I love saving up her posts and then scrolling through tons of them at once in my google reader so I can ooh and aaah over her beautiful photos. She also has blonde curly hair that is very similar to mine and I LOVE that she refers to its look as her "signature curl."
3. Dadlabs.com: This fanciful website and daddyblog for is for every dad who wants to "take back paternity" and not have his wife laugh AT him, but rather WITH him. Check out their excellent video on bad parenting that is a perfect compliment to my post on my own questionable parenting moment, I posted it last night.
4. Chasing Wentworth Miller - Simplicity is not only a great storyteller, she is my on-line workout partner. :) It's true. Don't ask how we do it. But if you want to join in, check out either of our profiles and follow the link.
5. Moms Without Blogs - Lee has an outstanding outlook on life and her blog has one of the best headers I've ever seen.
6. A Mom on Spin - Liz had me at her motto, "Anyone can change a diaper. . . . . it takes a special woman to launder a daughter's thong." Now that is classy.
7. Sounding Forth - I just love That Janie Girl.