I totally swiped this from Soxy Deb's site, but thought it was kind of, well, sort of, appropriate for the holiday. It is a list of 100 things that one could do in their life. I've highlighted the things that I have done so far.... And that I am, of course, thankful for having the opportunity to do! ;-) Hope everyone has a wonderful day with friends and family!!
1. Started your own blog
2. Slept under the stars- in Montana, with a meteor shower that night! So beautiful....
3. Played in a band - sang in one ill-fated, under-rehearsed gig Freshman year at NU
4. Visited Hawaii
5. Watched a meteor shower
6. Given more than you can afford to charity
7. Been to Disneyland/world - I haven't been since I was two y.o. and am so excited to bring the kids next March for Spring Break!
8. Climbed a mountain
9. Held a praying mantis when I was 5 years old, with our family friend "Grandpa" Wright.... I still remember it vividly.
10. Sang a solo - senior year of H.S.
11. Bungee jumped
12. Visited Paris - one of me best friends got married in Paris and it was one of the most magical weekends of my life.
13. Watched a lightning storm at sea - Can't remember if it was in the BVIs or Florida
14. Taught yourself an art from scratch - taught myself to watercolor (badly)
15. Adopted a child
16. Had food poisoning - I ate a bad baloney sandwich when I was 9... I can still remember thinking "Hey, I didn't put mustard on this sandwich!" and then eating it anyway! Then I threw up and later saw that the bread I had used was moldy. Eeeewwww!!
17. Walked to the top of the Statue of Liberty
18. Grown your own vegetables- tomatoes only, but have plans for more someday when I have more space.
19. Seen the Mona Lisa in France (walked by the Louvre while in Paris, but didn't have time!)
20. Slept on an overnight train
21. Had a pillow fight - in a thong, at my sorority. ;-) Just kidding (My husband wishes it were true)!
22. Hitch-hiked - while working in Alaska, hitch-hiking was the only way to get to town!
23. Taken a sick day when you’re not ill
24. Built a snow fort
25. Held a lamb - I grew up on a farm!
26. Gone skinny dipping
27. Run a Marathon .... and can safely say I never will. Sign me up for the Dance Marathon!
28. Ridden in a gondola in Venice
29. Seen a total eclipse
30. Watched a sunrise or sunset
31. Hit a home run
32. Been on a cruise .... a three hour cruise? Or a week-long one? Yes to the former, no to the latter.
33. Seen Niagara Falls in person
34. Visited the birthplace of your ancestors - heck, I grew up on the farm that my grandmother was born on.
35. Seen an Amish community - There are lots of Amish in southern Missouri, where I grew up.
36. Taught yourself a new language - Sheesh, isn't it enough to have somebody else teach you, just as long as you learned it?? Y, si, yo hablo Español.
37. Had enough money to be truly satisfied
38. Seen the Leaning Tower of Pisa in person
39. Gone rock climbing - the first time you fall (before the belay line catches you) you really think you are going to die--but so, so fun anyway (or because of that)!
40. Seen Michelangelo’s David - Italy is most amazing, delicious place I have ever been.
41. Sung karaoke - every chance I get!
42. Seen Old Faithful geyser erupt - on my Golden birthday!
43. Bought a stranger a meal at a restaurant
44. Visited Africa
45. Walked on a beach by moonlight
46. Been transported in an ambulance
47. Had your portrait painted
48. Gone deep sea fishing - in Florida, the kids thought it was the best.
49. Seen the Sistine Chapel in person - spectacular.
50. Been to the top of the Eiffel Tower in Paris
51. Gone scuba diving or snorkeling
52. Kissed in the rain - 100% sure that illicit substances were involved
53. Played in the mud- only as a child....
54. Gone to a drive-in theater - one of my most memorable dates with my now husband was at a drive-in
55. Been in a movie - only in my mind!
56. Visited the Great Wall of China
57. Started a business - with my husband
58. Taken a martial arts class - does Tae Bo count??
59. Visited Russia
60. Served at a soup kitchen- I missed a class trip to Six Flags because I had already committed to volunteering. My parents held my feet to the fire, and it was a life-long lesson in responsibility and hatred of homeless people. Just kidding ;-) about that last part.
61. Sold Girl Scout Cookies - and never will, as I only have Boy Scouts in this house and they sell that damned popcorn, instead.
62. Gone whale watching- by happenstance, not design. Saw humpback whales going through the inner passage of Alaska on the ferry from Ketchikan to Jeauno.
63. Got flowers for no reason - at least that's what he told me....
64. Donated blood, platelets or plasma - just blood
65. Gone sky diving
66. Visited a Nazi Concentration Camp
67. Bounced a check - thank god for those overdraft accounts they have now!
68. Flown in a helicopter
69. Saved a favorite childhood toy - I've still got my Belle (Snoopy's sister) and Barbies
70. Visited the Lincoln Memorial
71. Eaten Caviar - But I'm no sophisticate, I think caviar is heinous
72. Pieced a quilt - another project started, but not finished
73. Stood in Times Square - and then made out with a cute Dutch boy on the roof of the Times Square hotel we stayed in (Oh, to be 16 and on a school trip!)
74. Toured the Everglades- in a canoe and stayed the night on a chickie, fun except for the mosquitoes!
75. Been fired from a job- My DAD fired me when I was 16! That's a whole post of it's own...
76. Seen the Changing of the Guards in London- even less exciting than it looks on TV.
77. Broken a bone
78. Been on a speeding motorcycle - a few times, most memorable on Lake Shore Drive in Chicago and a pee-my-pants scary ride with my brother when I was about 8 years old
79. Seen the Grand Canyon in person
80. Published a book
81. Visited the Vatican
82. Bought a brand new car - and I'm still driving it!
83. Walked in Jerusalem
84. Had your picture in the newspaper - looking sad and homeless as I was the cover photo in Bloominton, IL's Pantograph for the lead story about how the weather had shut down all the roads and planes and people were lining up to take the train.
85. Read the entire Bible
86. Visited the White House
87. Killed and prepared an animal for eating
88. Had chickenpox
89. Saved someone’s life
90. Sat on a jury
91. Met someone famous - no A-Lister's, but I just met Tim Gunn.
92. Joined a book club
93. Lost a loved one
94. Had a baby
95. Seen the Alamo in person
96. Swam in the Great Salt Lake
97. Been involved in a law suit - only loosely, I am part of the class action suit against Beby Gender Mentor (if anyone else got caught in that scam, let me know!)
98. Owned a cell phone
99. Been stung by a bee